What to do when your loved one dies:
1. If the person is on hospice, call your hospice contact first. Hospice will come to your home to confirm death and pronounce time of death. Then they will call the funeral home for you.
2. If not on hospice, you should call a funeral home. Below are two funeral homes within our Parish boundaries
- Accent Funeral Home, 208-888-5833
- Cloverdale Funeral Home, 208-375-2212
3. Once you have contacted the funeral home, call Rebecca Winston, the Pastoral Associate of Liturgy, 208-888-1182 x411. She will set up a personalized appointment to meet with your family. She will assist in working with the funeral home and every detail they will need in planning your loved one's funeral Mass. If you call after hours, please leave your name, phone number, and the name of the person who has passed away. Rebecca will call you back as soon as possible.
4. In your meeting you will discuss:
- Scheduling the date of Vigil or a Rosary prior to the funeral
- Choosing music and readings.
- Verifying burial or inurnment location, date, and time.
- Details on how to include family/friends in the Mass.
- Discuss funeral reception luncheon and costs.
- Fees associated with the funeral (music, clergy stipends, etc.)
Once the funeral services are completed you are not alone. We offer a GriefShare ministry that meets here at the parish and offers support and encouragement for your grief journey. For more information, please contact Deacon Tom Blazek 208-888-6223 or